Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Chloe's In-Charge

On my last visit with Chloe, I was amazed at how she was play-acting with her baby dolls and toys.  She rocked bunny to sleep and put him in her bed with her blankie just like her Moma does.  She picked up a baby doll and walked across the room to place her on the floor facing a door.  She said, "YOU in time out!"  When her Moma asked her "why?" she replied, "She hit Retta!"  As she walked away from the poor baby, she turned around, pointed her finger, and very sternly said, "STAY THERE!"  In a little while she went over, picked up the baby and took her to Reta.  After the baby told Retta she was sorry, Chloe smiled and lovingly carried the baby across the room.  At the halfway point, she abruptly turned around and placed the baby in timeout again.  It appeared that baby had now hit Pearl.  She went through the same routine several times.  I'm not sure who Chloe was imitating, but she certainly was in charge and not tolerating any baby that didn't follow the rules!

Last weekend she chose Curious George as her buddy and drug him around the house with her.  She placed him in the laundry basket (the hospital) when he had a booboo or was sick.  She also took him and some other selected babies to the mall to go shopping.  On Sunday, periodically she would throw George across the room and then run  to grab him and proclaim, "Oh no another booboo! George you have to go to the hospital."  She'd place him on a blanket in the "hospital" and leave him for awhile.  She repeated this process numerous times.   Pearl watched the game and when Chloe wasn't in the room, she decided to pull George's leg (literally) and remove lots of stuffing.  Chloe screamed and cried!  Moma had to put George, his leg, and the stuffing in a bag so Granbec could repair him on the next visit.  Chloe settled down but every time she went past Pearl, she would shake her finger at her and say, "I SHAME ON YOU!!"

I called her on facetime, and when she answered, her first words were, "Grandbec, WHAT are you wearing??!"  (I was outside and had my hood pulled up.)   She was irritated that I didn't looked dressed appropriately.  She called me one night and Grandad answered my phone and her first words to him were, "I'M calling GRANDBEC!!  She didn't want to talk to him.  (Of course normally when I answer, she asks me where he is and then talks to him.)

She's begun to understand days.  Last night she told me her daddy was coming home TOMORROW, and that it was the LAST NIGHT she got to sleep on the puppy sheets.

In another conversation, I asked her, "who loves you?"  She replied Moma.  I asked again: she replied Daddy.  I asked again: she replied Nat.  I asked again: she replied Mur. Then looked very serious but with a sweet smile and said to me as if I didn't know, "Mur is in heaven."

She's developed into a little girl playing with dolls, imitating others, and expressing herself with wonderful vocabulary and speech!

1 comment:

  1. My goodness how Chloe is growing up. I love this post.

    ReplyDelete